Festivals and celebrations of special religious days must be an event that is looked forward to every year for most religions around the world. When it comes to Hari Raya Aidilfitri this year, there is no doubt that Malaysians will feel excited to be able to celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri with their loved ones. This year’s Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration is expected to be the most festive, after two years of not returning home due to the Movement Control Order (MCO) which carried out to curb the spread of Covid-19. We as citizens have carried out our responsibilities when we follow all the rules set by the government in an effort to curb the spread of this epidemic.
The implementation of the Transition Phase to Endemic started last April 1 with a lot of relaxation of standard operating procedures (SOP) including the abolition of operating time limits for business premises (each according to the conditions of the premises operating license) allowing the public to do shopping more freely. In the excitement of celebration, we share some simple tips in travelling preparation for Hari Raya.
- Do a Home Inspection. When you come home for Hari Raya, you will definitely leave your home for some time. To ensure safety, make sure all switches used have been switched off and unplugged from the power source.
- Covid-19 self-test. Before starting your trip, why not do a Covid-19 self-test to make sure you and your family are in good condition.
- Service the vehicle as best as possible
- Top up the Touch n’ Go card
- Check the travel timetable issued by the Highways or other major highway operators.
The most important thing is that we all have to be patient with each other because we all want to return to the hometown safely and without any untoward incident. Stop when you feel sleepy and drive carefully. Although it has been categorized as an endemic phase and a lot of SOP relaxation is approved by the government, don’t forget to take care SOP and distance when we are celebrating. Finally, Koperasi Wawasan Pekerja-Pekerja Berhad wishes Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin to all Muslims who celebrate and may your Hari Raya celebration be more perfect and joyful.